Thursday, November 29, 2012

May I have my exoskeleton, please?

I have been working on this idea for years now, having gone through a variety of only vaguely useful physical therapy to restore normal function to my own body, and here I see the army is going to have the technology, designed and built by a company I consider the family business, as so many of my relatives have worked there, Raytheon:
bionic strength machine IEEE ARTICLE


bionic strength machine videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIBnJWTrKvI


A little research shows that the technology has started to leak into the therapy world:
walk therapy

My idea is to take this another step, and use the brain's own signals to move the muscles, via robotics.  To summarize, and I really need to illustrate this, just have not gotten to it yet, brain signals step left foot forward, robotic unit breaks this down into appropriate sets of commands to servos to stimulate appropriate muscles, while exoskeleton provides support.

I know this sounds pie-in-the-sky, but don't all inventions start that way?

More, from Avi Golden:
eavesdropping on the brain

No comments:

Post a Comment